Friday, July 6, 2007

What's Your Motto?

I recently wrote an article in TechShop magazine, describing my version of the Universal Independent Shop Owner and Professional Technician Motto: "I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, user resources wiesely, make the world a better place, and be a support to every technician I meet."

Here is a response from one of our readers:

Beth,
Just a quick note to say I enjoyed your point of view page in the
June's Techshop . I have been in the Automotive business for some 30
years and when I first started working at my friends fathers gas station
he use to have a sign posted on the door in the office of the "Mechanics
Creed"
. I was wondering if you could help me find the original. I have
found one but it is a edited version of the Aviation mechanics creed.
The one we had posted also spoke of keeping the Service station repair
shop, rest rooms, and uniforms neat and clean. First impressions matter
in every industry.
Best Regards,
Mike Natoli

If any of you have ever seen this Mechanics Creed, or have a copy of it, would you please post it to this blog? We'd like to forward it to Mike, and include it in the next issue of TechShop.

Thanks for your support!

No comments: