Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring time is Scooter time

Colt's Foot has just started to appear in certain areas around NE Ohio. It's a sure harbinger of Spring. Took this today while on a hike in O'Neill Woods. From the rocks you can guess it's close to a river. The river happens to be the Cuyahoga.

After spending hours inside today, painting our living room, the lure of warm air and sunshine took hold. The first warmish day this spring inspired me to roll my scooter out to the driveway from behind three bicycles and a bucket of cleaning supplies. I topped off the oil, added a 1/2 gallon of fresh gasoline, wiped the dust off the helmet, put on some warm gloves and my jacket, and away I went. Me and my Vespa took a quick spin around the block. That's my pink Power Ranger jacket. Wear it every time I ride my scooter, even when I'm in a dress or skirt. The one really warm day that I neglected to wear it, I was stung on my chest by some unknown stinger creature. By the time I got to my office, the critter was gone, but it's stinger remained. The stinger was a good inch-long. Within 8 hours, I had a 12 inch area of beet-red, swollen skin. The effects of the sting lasted about 5 days, most of which I spent out of town on business, in open-collar-type shirts. Not an attractive look. So, I wear the jacket.


I have to remember to check the air in my tires. They were up on blocks most of the winter, so the tires should be good. Not sure about tire pressure.



1 comment:

John McClane said...

Pretty in pink, but ugly in beet-red.