Tuesday, May 22, 2007

If it Weren't for Bad Luck, I'd Have No Luck at All

A traveling tool friend of mine sent this e-mail to me last night. It is a tale of woe from a working mom/woman's viewpoint:

hi
1) spent 4 hours at med center yesterday for my one-year-old - he was having trouble breathing and has an ear infection- he'll be fine

2) My sales rep, who was supposed to pick me up at the airport, is in the hospital because of his heart and low blood pressure but he will be fine

3) our plane had to emergency descend 800 feet to avoid crashing into another plane that was out of its airspace. I honestly thought we were crashing and was crying. The guy next to me had never flown before, and he was crying.

4) finally get to my hotel and realize I am at the wrong one - and they don't have rooms. Walk across the street to another hotel and then remember I had a box with all my sales literature shipped to the hotel that was the wrong one

5) my shoe ripped and will not endure the rest of the trip.

6) the hotel where I'm staying has no restaurant and no bar.

sorry, that was 6 things.
Let's go back to number 3. Isn't 800 feet almost the length of three football fields? Yikes! And then of course, the real heart-breaker is the ripped shoe. Well, no one said it would be easy. Fortunately, she's a tough toolgirl!
Gloom, despair, and agony are me.

No comments: