Thursday, May 17, 2007

Cornwell Tools Has Great Foresight, or do I mean Hindsight?

I tend to get the importance of foresight and hindsight confused. "In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield." Warren Buffet

I've stolen the content below directly from our sister blog, Brake and Front End (with the writer's full permission, so I'm not really plagiarizing. It's more like I'm out and out stealing. Well, maybe I should call it "quoting a respected source", yeah, that's the ticket).

I liked Andrew's enthusiastic review of their Brake Tool Kit (circa 1931) that can "adjust the brakes on every vehicle". He also gushes over Cornwell's website, and I thought you might be interested as well. It is very nicely done.

So, in Andrew's words, "Here is an ad from the September 1931 issue of BRAKE & FRONT END for CORNWELL Quality Tools. It is amazing that one tool kit could adjust the brakes on every vehicle.Cornwell Quality Tools was founded in 1919 by Eugene Cornwell, a skilled blacksmith operating in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. By the early 1930s the company had moved to Mogadore, Ohio, they are still there today. Check out the history page and video on their website. Cool!"

No comments: