Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hump Day Humor


I came across this site on another blog and spent way too much time looking through it. I think it started out as a review of 1950's commercial cookbook art, and evolved into something much more. Most of these dishes are before my time, but I bet some of you out there in the blog world actually ate some of this stuff or quite possibly served it at parties.
I couldn't resist posting a photo of the "meat jello". That just goes beyond words. I hope you take a few minutes out of one of your days to review the gallery of regrettable food. There are some unbelieveable foods and descriptions that defy the modern stomach. The cookbook art is interesting as well - plenty of perky women set to serve their BBQ-grillin men. Very 1950's dream world, but I'm not sure how much was a true reflection of reality (I wasn't around).
And in case you're wondering, I think Knudsen's Dairy Products still exists, in San Diego, CA. Well.
And yes, I realize this has nothing to do with tools, techshop, or the automotive world. Sometimes, that's just how my day goes.

No comments: